Our client, a renowned food processing facility with a complex logistics operation located in Toronto, is looking to bring onboard their new Senior HR Manager to join their dynamic team. Strong Labour Relations experience is required to be successful and add value to this well-established operation.
We are looking for a true business partner who supports the operation and coaches business leaders on HR-related matters in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement HR and Labour Relations strategies to support business goals.
- Partnering with the leadership team to address human resource needs; develops and implements human resource strategy to support business objectives,
- Support the implementation of training and development programs, performance management and employee engagement initiatives
- Oversee day-to-day labor relations, including 1,2 and 3 steps grievances and arbitrations while ensuring compliance and consistency of collective agreements and company policies
- Provide advice to HR leaders on how to handle LR -related issues.
- Work in tandem with other areas of HR to guarantee full coverage of employee full-cycle requirements.
Mentor and develop a team of HR professionals
- Actively participate in workforce planning to anticipate the needs of the business and work in tandem with the talent acquisition team to meet these requirements.
- Serve as a trusted mediator in employee relations disputes as required,
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Relevant academic background - CHRL designation required
- At least seven years of progressive experience in Human Resources, with a strong focus on Labour Relations
- Experience in any sector - fast-paced and complex environments would be preferred
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Above-average problem-solving abilities
- Hands-on and collaborative attitude -A true team player!
In return, this organization offers a great working environment, work-life balance, and a competitive compensation package. Due to the nature of the business, on-site presence is required five days a week.
Are you up to this challenge? Let's connect for more details on this amazing opportunity. Looking forward to hearing from you.